[Az-Geocaching] Re: Adopt-A-Highway

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:39:50 -0700 (MST)

Jim's idea sounds logical....base your decision on which stretch of
highway to adopt mainly upon the OTHER (MAIN?) reason for doing this:
a good place for an event cache (nearby park or other locale to meet).
This will help eliminate the "have it closer to me....you can't please
everybody" problem and the folks who really want to help the
environment AND log a find will simply find a way to get there.
Either that, or pick a spot closer to Prescott! ha ha ha (JUST
KIDDING!)

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott
www.ycjp.org

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:10:48 -0700 (MST), Jim Scotti wrote:

> Are any of the sections in an area that woudl be conducive to an
> occasional
> event cache?  maybe a nearby picnic ground or something?
>
> Jim.
>
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Brian Casteel wrote:
>
> > It is as I believed.  ADOT provided the sign(s) to recognize our
> efforts.
> > Next on the agenda is deciding which section to adopt.  I'm leaning
> > toward the ones on SR87, but the jury's out on which section.
Input