[Az-Geocaching] Aspen Fire: any caches burned?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:05:38 -0700

At 10:32 PM 6/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Are there any caches that have been burned by the Aspen Fire in the Santa
>Catalina Mountains?

As of right now, no, I don't think so.  The funny thing is that I almost
put on in Marshal Gulch last time I was there.  If I had, it would
definately be gone as that is where this fire started.

Tucson Top is probably getting very close.  Tonights news said that the
observatory up there is at risk, and that it is a very high priority.  The
problem is that the fire grew from just over 400 acres today to just over
4000 acres.  They say it will take a few days to figure out just where the
boundaries of the fire are. They had winds between 40 and 60 mph up there
today, and according to the news it is supposed to be worse tomorrow.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com