[Az-Geocaching] K9 cachers and stuff

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:43:59 -0700

--Apple-Mail-79--360371573

Well, when we were caching (amazing how pregnancy kills your caching
desire!:) Kiva and Lancer would pretty much go anywhere with us that
they were allowed!  One thing that I stress is to know your dog before
you drag them out hiking(in general or for a cache)!  If he's used to
being a couch potato, he's not going to do well on a long hike.  I know
my guys limit is about 10 miles round trip.  I also know my guys are
not fond of scrambling over rocks, so they would have hated Tup Top,
and elected to stay home:)

And thanks Connie for mentioning the dangers of leaving anything living
in a car in Az during the summer!  We have had 3 dogs left in cars at
the ghost town so far this summer.  Since I am so close to the parking
lot, I'm usually one of the first people to hear them cry.  We make an
announcement over the loud speaker and you wouldn't believe how irate
people become because you just embarrassed them!  And the most shameful
part of this...these are people with Arizona license plates (definitely
NOT rental cars) that should know better!!!!

OK!  Now you guys have me geared up to hit the trails this fall with
the pups and baby!  We have already bought the Kelty kids backpack!
Too bad they don't make one for the dogs to haul the baby!:)...oh wait!
  I think that's called a saddle!:)

Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin
+
[...]